Ceremonial Haggis > AVAILABLE IN-STORE
NOT FOR SALE ONLINE.
Available in-store only.
*THIS ITEM CANNOT BE ORDERED ONLINE OR SHIPPED.!*
The Ceremonial Haggis is sold by the pound and there are a variety of different weights available in store. Price of this item will VARY with weight. Please visit us and choose the size that would suit you best, and you may call ahead to ensure the size you are looking for is in stock!
The Cooking of The Haggis
For a 2-3 lb. haggis
- Keep haggis refrigerated until ready to begin cooking
- Put enough water in a pot to cover the haggis by approximately 4 inches and bring the water to a boil
- When the water is boiling, place the haggis in the water and reduce the heat to less than a simmer
- CAUTION – DO NOT LET THE WATER BOIL AGAIN
- Gently heat the haggis for approximately 1 hour. Haggis must be cooked until it reaches an internal temperature of 74°C(165°F) at the deepest section. Use of a probe thermometer is recommended. When ready, the haggis will float in the water.
- Serve and enjoy one of Scotland’s gifts to the world!
- *Must be served Piping Hot!!!
Hint: To keep the haggis piping hot until you are ready to serve it, just leave it in the water (with the stove turned off).
Ingredients: Pork liver, beef suet, water, oatmeal, pork heart, pork tongue, onion, spices, salt.
Nutrition Facts - per 73g
Fat: 10g > Saturated Fat: 6g